This French lemon cake or Lemon yoghurt cake is my to go cake whenever I feel like eating a cake or when I have a last minute guest and I don’t feel like using any fancy equipment. You know those days when it becomes a task to take out your mixer right? For those days try out this easy Yogurt Lemon cake recipe and I’m sure you will like it.
This Yogurt cake is moist, not overly sweet cake. It is a little tangy as a result of the Yogurt and zesty as a result of the Lemon zest and it can be eaten as breakfast, dessert, afternoon snack, or at any time at all.
This cake can be dressed up using a simple sugar syrup, but would be great served with fresh fruits or any fruit sweetened yogurt.
Would you like to try out the Nigerian pound Cake? Please click here.
Ingredients for the French Lemon Cake
- 11/2 All purpose flour
- Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- The Zest of 1 medium sized Lemon
- 3 Large Eggs
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoon baking powder
Directions for the French Lemon Cake
- spray the baking Pan (8.5 by 4.5 pan) and set aside
- Zest the Lemon
- Add the Sugar to the Zest and use your fingers to massage the zest with the Sugar
- Add the yogurt, Oil, Egg and Vanilla to the Sugar and Zest and mix it together at each addition and mix till all the ingredients are well combined
- In a separate bowl mix the Flour, Baking powder and Salt
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- Pour the mixture into an 8.5 by 4.5 greased Pan
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes or till golden brown. Enjoy